If I could have just one wish...

No, it wouldn't be to stop time or to rewind the years. Those would be nice too, but my wish right now is a bit more modest...I just wish Misty was a smaller dog. Whenever I see little dogs on the streets nowadays, I can't help but to say with envy, "oh, I wish..." Not because I want a little teacup that I can carry everywhere, but so that we can take better care of her in her current state of limited mobility.  Just a little smaller so that we can at least lift her without it becoming a two-person job. What it would mean to us right now to be able to carry her outside for her potty breaks...

Here are a few of the lucky dogs...and a bunny, that I've captured around the city. I can still dream, right? 😴

"Don't forget my treats"

🎒 wallet✓ phone✓ dog✓ 

best way to travel

...and my favorite!

Comments

  1. Hehee, this is fun! Charlotte is the biggest of our pack and we sometimes wish she was smaller like the others, so I understand your concern especially when they age and their mobility is compromised. It's indeed easier to bring the smaller ones anywhere and I must say that now in a big city, pet bags are necessary for the most timids and to avoid them being stepped on in a crowd, though I try not to overportect them either. I can go to the park and still go for a coffee or run an errand right after where dogs are not allowed (I have bags where you couldn't guess there is a doggie in there ;)), whereas I cannot do that with Charlotte. I imagine it must be a challenge with Misty; you're doing a wonderful job in making her late years a little more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you are becoming an epitome of a New Yorker with a dog in tote (envy!)😉...which reminds me, I have a few pics to add to this posts from my years (before Misty & Jasper) in the big city. See if I can find them.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I guess ;). I did think of a stroller (I've seen a few around here), but I do not see myself with that, I find it rather cumbersome... When they're all very old, I'll think of it maybe... Back in France or Switzerland, people would mostly laugh at you (especially with Chihuahuas, they're so narrow-minded), not really understanding the use of a carrier for them... I must say it's a breath of fresh air not being judged here, just another mindset.

      Would love to see more pictures, makes me feel more normal :).

      Delete

Post a Comment